With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media & Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 260 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at ClearChannel.com.
· Manage the development and execution of station promotions, community affairs efforts and assist in the development of station event marketing opportunities
· Responsible for enhancing station image and visibility within the community that will attract listeners and clients
· Act as liaison between programming, and sales to develop overall station campaigns, themes and marketing approaches
· Develop revenue-generating promotions that cross promote clients and third parties
· Act as a leader within the department, interfacing with promotion personnel
· Provide creative influence that creates visibility and publicity within the market, which will create buzz and talk about the station
· Implement grass roots marketing efforts at the local level
• Supervises station contests and on-air implementation
• Ensures FCC compliance with all on-air, online and on-site promotional contesting / events
• Day to day management within the promotions department including policies, procedures, staffing
• Represent stations at community events
• Act as community liaison with community corporate entities
• Coordinate activities of other departments involved in production of promotions and remotes, attend remotes as needed
• Work with vendors in ordering promotional material
• Create and develop promotional campaigns to generate revenue and ratings opportunities for station
• Oversee on-air contesting, on-site client promotions, station events and website promotion
• Create client proposals and promotional concepts congruent with station image and strategies
• Manage/write client based promotional recaps
• Assist with each station’s social media scheduling
• Liaison daily between sales and programming departments
• Provide technical assistance for on-site remotes/appearances
• Attend and conduct weekly sales/promotions and programming meetings
• Collaborate with retail outlets, promoters, and community organizations
• Meet day to day deadlines
• A minimum of 5 years experience in promotions, marketing, radio or related industry.
• Knowledge of country music industry a plus
• Sports radio / broadcast experience a plus
• Operation experience with Matrix, Zephyr and Access units a plus
• Knowledge of country music industry
• Proven understanding of digital marketing-promotion and utilization of social networking
• Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail
• Candidates must also have valid driver’s license.
• Must also be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Some heavy lifting is also required for this position.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit www.clearcareers.com
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.